Contractors and employers of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers are the most critical component in putting Apprentices and Journeymen to work. They are the organizations which bid on the projects we want to build. They are our partners, period!
Our electrical contracting partners help companies and organizations "find a way" to increase profitability through efficient performance of traditional work and the capture of new types of work in emerging technologies. This is why both NECA and the IBEW are placing an ever-increasing emphasis on business development.
The benefits of being an I.B.E.W. Contractor:
- Flexible manpower – Having skilled manpower available when you need it saves money. IBEW members are available when you need them, for as long as you need them. When your project is finished, their employment concludes or you can move them to another job. No recruitment or advertising is necessary. No time is wasted chasing and interviewing new prospects. No “trying them out for a week or two.” We can put skilled, qualified workers on your doorstep in less than 48 hours, every time.
- Training – We spend hundreds of thousands of dollars a year training our members in trade-related and safety areas. Every union employee you hire will save you the hassle and expense of providing this training for your employees.
- Lower safety-related costs – Our training programs stress the connection between safety and competitiveness. IBEW members put safety first every time, which means you save on comp costs, downtime costs, and absenteeism costs.
- Productivity – Higher productivity means higher profits. IBEW members are the the best trained, most highly skilled and productive craftsmen available. That means on-time and on-budget.
- Supervision – How long does it take you to develop a good foreman or superintendent? How much money does it cost you along the way? One of the most common reasons companies like yours become union contractors is that they want to grow. We can provide qualified supervision. If you could add two foremen and crews next year, how much would that add to your bottom line?
Find a Contractor: NECA Connection
Your reputation and brand are what is most important to you – so why wouldn’t you hire the best trained, passionate and skilled manpower available? Call us today and talk with us about what option makes the most sense for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What does it cost me to hire IBEW Electricians?
Answer: There is no cost to the employer. The employees pay union dues.
Question: Once I have hired an IBEW Electrician, how long must I keep him or her employed?
Answer: As long as the project requires his/her service.
Question: What if I hire someone and they’re not working out?
Answer: Just like an open shop, there will be times when you will get an individual who does not fit your needs. You send them back and you interview other candidates. “No slipper fits all” and we are not in the business of providing skilled labor that doesn’t reflect your needs. The likelihood of this is greatly reduced when using our electricians.
Question: I heard the IBEW would tell me how to run my business.
Answer: The IBEW is not in the contracting business—you are. We provide manpower.
Question: What is the benefit of my company going union?
|Qualified Labor Pool
|Access to training
||Flexible crew size
||Dispute resolution process
|Predictable Labor Costs
||No hiring/recruitment costs
|Consistency of a Labor Force
|Lower Worker Comp Rates
||Prevailing wage savings